Apogee StoreFront and Asanti StoreFront are updated on a regular basis. Since these are cloud services, you’re always using the latest version of the software.
With this release, all fonts that can be used for designing stores are hosted directly by StoreFront. This reduces the dependency on US-based servers.
Version 5.9.2 of Apogee StoreFront and Asanti StoreFront is a minor update released on June 5, 2022. The new release contains enhancements for product kits as well as automated product creation.
Version 5.9.1 of Apogee StoreFront and Asanti StoreFront is a minor update released on March 21, 2022. It includes a new InDesign plug-in that supports macOS Monterey.
Version 5.8 of Apogee StoreFront and Asanti StoreFront was released on December 4, 2021. It includes a major new release of the Online Editor as well as handy productivity enhancements.
This minor update fixes some issues reported by customers or discovered during internal tests.
Version 5.8 of Apogee StoreFront and Asanti StoreFront was released on July 18, 2021. It includes support for the Bambora payment gateway, which is popular in Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden. The new release also adds support for an additional language: Slovak.
Version 5.7.2, released on May 8, 2021, offers enhanced control over the order history of shoppers, handy to prevent users from reordering old print products that may contain outdated information or that no longer comply with the company style guidelines. The update also includes performance and security improvements.
Version 5.7.1, made available on February 7, 2021, is a minor update that offers improved invoice handling. Shoppers will receive a copy of their invoice attached to the shipping confirmation email instead of receiving a link to that invoice. For corporate print buyers, the email containing the invoice is also sent to their billing department. The update also contains language-specific changes.
Version 5.7, scheduled for release on November 29, 2020 includes:
- New Online Editor – The new editor always works HTML5-based and supports nine new bar code types.
- Multistep approval – Up to three people or teams can be required to approve all incoming orders.
Version 5.6, released on July 5, 2020 includes:
- Customer approval – Shoppers need to review and approve customizable products before ordering them
- Autofill for customizable products – Automate the Online Editor using variable data
- Order comments – During checkout users can now add a comment to the overall order
TLS security update
On Sunday 29 March StoreFront received a minor security update. The now outdated TLS 1.0 and 1.1 communication protocols were disabled. This ensures electronic payments are always handled using the more secure TLS 1.2 protocol.
Version 5.5, released on February 2, 2020 includes:
- Responsive thumbnail images – Create a better looking home page and category pages
- Customizable store fonts – Give stores their own look using a selection of web fonts
- Updated Online Editor – Save time updating the layout of customizable products
- Variable size customizable products – Shoppers can now create posters online from scratch
- New licensing – Get more value out of your StoreFront web-to-print subscription
This minor update, released on December 1, removes an option in the preflight engine of the upload wizard that, according to customer feedback, confused novice users.
Version 5.3.2, released on October 13, includes a new Online Editor and an updated order status API. The new Online Editor has improved support for Chinese characters and it can handle non-ASCII characters in package names and locked layer names. Image library handling is faster and many editing functions have been improved. There is also a new version of the Converter extension for Adobe InDesign.
Version 5.3 was released on September 1, 2019. The main new features are:
- Extended upload wizard – A more powerful interface to order complex bound products such as catalogs, magazines and brochures
- Cross-item pricing – Shoppers can get discount pricing when ordering the same or similar items in one go
- Configurable reference codes – During checkout shoppers can select an order reference code from a dropdown menu
- Text field product option – Add an option to a product that allows shoppers to enter text
- Configurable add-to-cart flow – Limit the number of clicks needed to place large orders
This minor update was released on April 13, 2019. The main new features are:
- KG Inicis support – A payment gateway for Korean users
- WebApproval integration – Buyers can be asked to approve the content of their orders
- Maximum shipping cost – Limit transport costs per order
Version 5.1 of StoreFront was released on February 10, 2019. Its new features include:
- Document versions – Ideal for multilingual documents
- Extended user logging – See when users accessed a store
- Updated Online Editor – Faster and more robust
- Address autocompletion – Less typing, less errors
- Custom tracking URLs – More versatile shipment tracking
Extended integration options
Nowadays most web services rely on a REST architecture to easily exchange information with other systems. StoreFront order data can be exchanged with MIS or ERP systems using such a REST API.
This minor update, released on September 16 2018, offers more refined controls over the scaling of uploaded documents. It also fixes some issues reported by users and includes additional translations.
Version 5.0, released on September 9, included the following featuress:
- New upload window – Easier file upload for posters, cards, banners and other unbound products
- Support for Stripe – An affordable new payment gateway
- Extended promo codes – Offer discounts on specific products
- Allow backorders – Sell products that are no longer in stock
- Shipping API – Automate shipping for high-volume stores
One of the ways in which we gather feedback from users is through regular polls. In the Summer 2018 Poll participants could vote on the importance of 18 new features. This feedback helps define the roadmap of the web-to-print platform.
StoreFront v4.5.5 added the ability for company administrators to also delete products. This is handy for large stores where customers manage their products themselves.
Support for tracking parcels that are shipped using DPD, one of the largest delivery services in Europe, was added shortly after.
Recently published support documents include guidelines regarding GDPR compliancy as well as tips and tricks pages about managing usersand using Search.
This update allows administrators to mark orders with status ‘In Production’ as ‘Completed’. That comes in handy to clean up the order list in B2B shops in which orders are never marked as ‘Shipped’.
Version 4.5 of StoreFront was released on December 3, 2017. Its new features include:
- Full HTTPS support – All store pages now use encryption
- MercadoPago support – Online payment for Latin-America
- Estimated shipping date – Tell shoppers when orders ship
- Clean up orders – Mark fulfilled orders as ‘Completed’
New StoreFront Converter extension
Version 4.12 of the StoreFront Converter extension for Adobe InDesign offers improved support for additional languages. It is also compatible with Adobe InDesign CC 2018.
Fancier store pages
StoreFront includes libraries such as jQuery UI and Bootstrap that experienced web designers can use to make store pages more appealing or easier to access. The July issue of StoreFront Newsflash showed how to use jQuery UI to create an accordion list for a store’s FAQ page.
New Starter Kit
StoreFront users have access to a library of clip-art to help them get started with their first stores. The June update of this Starter Kit contained a fresh set of 35 category icons, including the Photoshop source file.
Creative Cloud 2017 support
The new StoreFront Converter extension allows designers to export their InDesign CC 2017 publications to a StoreFront package. This is the easiest way to make cards, leaflets, promo posters and other publications available for customization in the StoreFront Online Editor. The extension is part of the StoreFront v4.0.3 update, which also included a new online manual.
Refined integration options
Once the order volume of stores starts to grow, the need arises to exchange those order data with MIS or Management Information Systems, with planning applications or with software that automates shipping. StoreFront order data can be exported as an Excel spreadsheet, but also as CSV or XML files. The new MIS Export engine can now generate separate datasets containing shipping and discount information.
User meetings, perfect for exchanging ideas
The Apogee User Meeting hosted by Agfa Graphics UK offered StoreFront users an opportunity to attend a presentation on successful web-to-print business cases as well as interactive sessions filled with tips and tricks. The ability to share experiences with other users is a major part of the appeal of such events.
Version 4.0 of StoreFront was released on February 19, 2017. It focuses on three main areas:
- Responsive design – Stores now offer a better user experience on large desktop monitors as well as on mobile phones and tablets.
- Improved algorithms to package items for shipping – Multiple items can be shipped in a single box. Large-format prints can be shipped on a roll and shipping costs can be degressive.
- Quote function – Resellers and agencies can check pricing for a complex order without having to upload or edit products.
One of the highlights of the years before:
The European Digital Press Award for best web-to-print solution