Reduce ink consumption by up to 30% while maintaining or even increasing print quality:
InkTune is your golden ticket to lower cost-of-ownership and higher profitability.
Can cost savings be achieved while preserving or even increasing the quality of prints? InkTune proves that it’s possible. As its name implies, InkTune helps you save on ink costs. It uses Grey Component Replacement (GCR), which substitutes expensive CMY inks with the more economical black (K) ink. But it also does a lot more: it improves color stability on the press, as well as image quality and consistency. As a result, there is less interference between different inks, the inks dry faster and printing speeds can be higher.
InkTune is a unique solution because it is entirely integrated into the prepress workflow. The software works its magic during the rendering process without requiring extra hardware or user expertise. This makes InkTune a cost-effective solution that improves quality and lowers environmental impact.
- Lower ink consumption by up to 30%
- Further reduced ink costs through the use of economical black (K) ink
- Less misregistration of cyan and magenta
- Improved color consistency and less pronounced rosette structures
- Less anti-offset powder needed
- Faster drying times make it possible to start post-press activities (cutting, folding etc.) sooner
- No additional investment in hardware or knowledge required
- Less paper waste before press-ready, as a result of better ink setting
Erik Peeters, Marketing Manager Workflow Solutions, explains in detail why PressTune and InkTune will add value to your business.
Agfa is committed to sustainable innovation focused on ecology, economy, and extra convenience – or ECO³. We develop integrated solutions – consisting of hardware, consumables, software and services – that streamline your prepress and printing operations and make them cleaner, more cost-effective and easier to operate and maintain. All while guaranteeing superior and consistent print quality.
The result? More value for your entire business!
Higher quality printing
Because there is less information in the color separations, registration errors and rosette structures are less visible, so images appear sharper. Every color transformation is calculated by Agfa Graphics’ patented Advanced CMM (Color Management Module), which uses industry standard or customer ICC profiles. No color deviations are visible when the original color separations of images and text are compared to the InkTuned result.
Increased consistency and stability
InkTune avoids color casts through variations in ink weight on press by producing more consistent greys. Images printed with the use of InkTune technology are consistent throughout the press run, with stable color reproduction under all lighting conditions. In short, InkTune drives superb color consistency as well as improved stability of printing on press.
InkTune contributes to printing productivity by:
- shortening press set-up time required to stabilize color tones and neutral grey balance;
- applying less ink onto the paper, improving ink setting and shortening drying times. As a result, less drying powder is needed, and post-press activities can start sooner.
With InkTune, the total ink coverage used is reduced, and black ink now replaces a proportion of the expensive colored inks previously used. Both factors contribute to substantial cost savings. In commercial print applications, we have measured savings of between 10% and 30%.