Designed for high-volume offset printing, simplified platemaking and uncompromising quality, Azura TU outperforms every other plate in its class.
The Azura plate was launched in 2004 and has been winning prizes ever since. Why? Because it’s the only truly chemistry-free platemaking system. Agfa’ s ThermoFuseTM technology is characterized by particles in the aluminum plate coating that fuse to each other and bond to the plate when the plate is heated. This creates a solid ink-accepting image, capable of printing 150,000 copies in one run.
Azura TU covers all sizes of sheetfed presses from B2 up to sheetfed format 6 and 7 for book and display printing. It also serves the fast growing web-to-print applications that are printed on VLF sheetfed presses.
Not only does Azura TU raise your platesetter productivity. It also eliminates process variables and thus guarantees more reliable and consistent results. Another benefit to this technology is that it’s environmentally friendly, as chemicals are unnecessary and water consumption can be reduced by up to 95% compared to conventional prepress systems.
- More reliable, consistent results thanks to the advanced ThermoFuseTM technology
- High-volume printing: up to 150,000 copies in commercial sheet-fed printing
- Easy on the environment: no chemicals and water usage reduced by up to 95%
- Faster platemaking as a result of high plate sensitivity
- Easier handling thanks to the daylight immunity, scratch-resistant surface and strong image contrast
Agfa is committed to sustainable innovation focused on ecology, economy, and extra convenience – or ECO³. We develop integrated solutions – consisting of hardware, consumables, software and services – that streamline your prepress and printing operations and make them cleaner, more cost-effective and easier to operate and maintain. All while guaranteeing superior and consistent print quality.
The result? More value for your entire business!