Deploying Agfa’s revolutionary patented cascade system, the Arkana smart plate processor saves printers both time and money, while making operations more ecological and convenient.
Building on Agfa’s ECO³ framework, the Arkana smart processor offers consistent, high-quality plate processing with minimal chemistry usage and maintenance, thus allowing printers to further reduce their CO2 footprint. Maximum throughput on all 8-up and VLF CtP lines makes it the perfect match for high-production and heavy-duty environments.
Arkana features a small developer tank, drastically lowering replenishment rates and considerably reducing chemicals consumption. Thanks to Agfa’s patented gum cascade system in which the gum both cleans the plate and protects it with a finishing layer, Arkana no longer requires water for plate rinsing. All in all, it produces up to 50% less collectable waste compared to other systems on the market. In addition, its long bath life drastically reduces maintenance frequency, while the clean chemistry used in the system reduces maintenance time.
Arkana makes a perfect combination with the Energy Elite Eco printing plate.
- Absolute minimum of replenishment results in a chemistry consumption that is up to more than six times less compared to conventional thermal processing systems
- Long bath life, extremely low replenishment rates and the total elimination of rinse water result in a drastic reduction of waste up to 50% compared to conventional thermal systems – and thus less packaging, transport and haulage costs
- Bath life of up to 15,000 m² of plates results in a minimal cleaning frequency, creating higher up-time and avoiding maintenance costs
- High-performing and consistent system
- Energy Elite Eco’s clean chemistry allows for easy and rapid cleaning
- Wide operational processing latitude with the Energy Elite Eco printing plates
Watch the movie
Agfa is committed to sustainable innovation that focuses on ecology, economy, and extra convenience—or ECO³. Our hardware, software and consumables make your prepress and printing operations cleaner, more cost-effective and easier to operate and maintain. The ultimate goal? More value for your entire printing business!