SPIR@L screening proves its value at Brazilian newspaper printing site
3 PONTOS GRAFICA E EDITORA is a medium-sized contract newspaper production site located in Ribeirao Preto in the state of São Paulo, Brazil. On average, they print 100 titles per week for third parties.
Most of the titles are short runs between 2,000 to 5,000 copies. Next to that, there are a limited number of longer runs between 30,000 and 70,000 copies. As most of the work is short run, the publishing company’s annual plate consumption lies around 20,000 m². The company’s focus on efficiency and quality has allowed it to grow and gain new business.
3 PONTOS GRAFICA E EDITORA uses Agfa’s Advantage platesetters and Arkitex workflow software. Agfa’s Latin American sales team first spoke to them about Agfa’s value-added software products and services in July 2020. They discussed the potential value of our innovative screening technology SPIR@L, and elaborated on the color and quality management options. 3 PONTOS GRAFICA E EDITORA immediately decided to evaluate whether Agfa could meet their expectations…
In September 2020, the printing site set up a three-month trial of SPIR@L software.
The production gains were crystal-clear:
- Improvement in quality. Sharper images and better detail reproduction;
- Faster start-up of the production runs, hence increased productivity, time savings, and increased efficiency;
- Reduced consumption of ink and paper;
- Better control of the ink/water balance with reduced fountain solution consumption;
- Faster drying, thus less rub-off on printed samples and easier handling.
Thanks to the implementation of SPIR@L, we have reduced costs, increased productivity and efficiency. Our advertisers are very satisfied with the noticeable improvement in detail reproduction in the advertisements, delivering a superior overall quality.