Research and Innovation for Healthcare
Global Architecture and Design Group
455 Phillip Street, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, N2L 3X2
Phone: 1.519.746.6210 x 3124
Stan is a Principal Investigator with the Adaptable Clinical Workflow (ACW)
working group at Agfa Healthcare.
Stan's current research is focussed on automating semantic inference
and markup in order to support automated reasoning and proof technologies. His
responsibilities include the design and implementation of prototypes for decision
support and the direct interaction with our external collabators and research partners.
The work makes extensive use of the emerging semantic web technologies.
- An Invited expert - W3C MathML Working Group,
and one of the main authors of the W3C MathML Recommendation.
- An Invited member - of the Ontario Research Centre for Computer
- One of the original developers of the Maple Computer Algebra System
responsible for numerous mathematical packages addressing a broad range of learning
and advanced research topics.
- Extensive teaching and publishing experience as a tenured faculty member,
and currently lecturing for the School of Computer Science at the
Univesity of Waterloo.
- XML Consulting for academic publishers developing single source publising systems
for teaching and testing mathematics.
- Ph.D. Combinatorics and Optimization, 1981, University of Waterloo,
specialising Combinatorial Applications of Formal Language Theory,
the Analysis of Algorithms, and Computational Complexity.
- MSc., Mathematics, the University of Calgary, 1975, specialising in
Computational Number Theory.
- Honours BSc. in Pure Mathematics, University of Calgary, 1974