Plastics & Polymers
Let us 'untangle' the structure-function relationship in your plastics or polymer application ...
Plastics and Polymers are high tech organic materials that are used in a virtually endless range of applications. Understanding the underlying structure-function relationship is the key for optimizing the required functionality or controlling the production process. Untangling structure-function relations for performance chemicals is one of the core competences of Agfa - and Agfa-Labs have largely contributed to building up this expertise, covering both, designing and analyzing functional plastics and polymers for demanding optical, physicochemical and chemical use: Applications range from extrusion and coating of optical films with photo-addressable layers, design and production of nano-latex particles for the Thermofuse technology to development of organic conductors and UV curing technology.
Our services apply for strcture analysis and testing of plastics and polymers in diverse material contexts. We help suppliers and OEM's by failure analysis and troubleshooting of plastics and polymer materials in their specific application. We have state-of-the-art instrumentation and experience to tackle the most complex problems.
- Structure-function relationship of polymers and plastics in different material context
- Composition, especially chemistry of polymer backbone, mixture of co-polymers, blends and composite materials as well as use of additives
- Molecular weight distribution
- Tensile strength and mechanical properties
- Thermal properties
- Optical properties (including optical performance modeling)
- Melt flow characterization
- Chemical and physicochemical compatibility (including modeling)
- Film formation by UV and thermal curing
- Multiple layer thickness of composite films
- Adhesive strength