The general principles of Agfa's Environmental Policy:
- Comprehensive environmental protection and maximum safety are given the same priority as high product quality and commercial efficiency.
- Products are designed, developed and manufactured in such way that the production process, the transportation, the storage and the use of products, as well as the waste treatment at the end of the life cycle have minimal impact upon the environment.
- Agfa is committed to systematically developing environmentally acceptable products and production processes.
- Agfa advises its customers, its employees and the authorities with an evaluation of its products and manufacturing processes, in all matters pertaining to health, safety and environment.
- Agfa does not restrict its activities to merely complying with legal requirements with regard to the environment. On its own initiative, Agfa also takes further steps based on its proper sense of responsibility.
Agfa provides safety and environment information on its products.
Safety Data Sheets (SDS) contain data about the composition of chemical substances and preparations and the relevant health, safety and environmental information. Article Information Sheets (AIS) contain data about articles like film, printing plates et cetera. Equipment Information Sheets (EIS) contain relevant health, safety and environmental data about equipment. Recycling Passes (RP) give information to customers and specialized waste collectors about hazardous components and valuable materials in end-of-life equipment.
The local sales organizations provide up-to-date Safety, Health and Environment information in your language and adapted to the legislation in your country.